Use of our Service constitutes acceptance and agreement to The AUP as well as The TOS (Terms of Service)
We support the uncensored flow of information and ideas over the
Internet and do not actively monitor subscriber activity under normal
circumstances. Similarly, we do not exercise editorial control over the
content of any web site, e-mail transmission, newsgroups, or other
material created or accessible over or through the services, except for
certain proprietary Web sites. However, in accordance with our TOS
(Terms of Service), we may remove any materials that, in our sole
discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, may be harmful
to the server or other users, or which may violate this AUP. We may
cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the
investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrongdoing.
Your violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or immediate
termination of either your account or the domains within your account
as detailed in Section 3 WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
This document is intended to provide a basic understand of our Acceptable Use Policy. The following are guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of the AUP:
- Ensure reliable service to our customers
- Ensure security and privacy of our systems and network, as well as the networks and systems of others
- Comply with existing laws
- Maintain our reputation as a responsible service provider
- Encourage responsible use of the Internet and discourage activities which reduce the usability and value of Internet services
- Preserve the value of Internet resources as a conduit for free expression and exchange of information
- Preserve the privacy and security of individual users
We intend to provide our customers access to everything the Internet
has to offer. While we are firmly committed to the principles of free
speech, certain activities that may be damaging to the resources of
both us and the Internet and cannot be permitted under the guise of
free speech. The resources of us and the Internet are limited, and
abuse of these resources by one user has a negative impact on the
We do not routinely monitor the activity of accounts except for measurements of system utilization and the preparation of billing records. However, in our efforts to promote good citizenship within the Internet community, we will respond appropriately if we become aware of inappropriate use of our service.
You may not use your dedicated rack or virtual site to publish material, which we determine, at our sole discretion, to be unlawful, indecent or objectionable. For purposes of this policy, "material" refers to all forms of communications including narrative descriptions, graphics (including photographs, illustrations, images, drawings, and logos), executable programs, video recordings, and audio recordings.
If an account is used to violate the Acceptable Use Policy or our TOS, we reserve the right to terminate your service without notice. We prefer to advise customers of inappropriate behavior and any necessary corrective action, however, flagrant violations of the Acceptable Use Policy will result in immediate termination of service. Our failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time.
As a member of our network community, you must use your Internet access responsibly. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us.
VIOLATIONS OF The ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The following constitute violations of this AUP:
|1. Illegal use:
Our services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of
illegal activities. We reserve the right to cooperate with legal
authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any
suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
2. Harm to minors: Use of our service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including, but not limited to child pornography.
3. Threats: Use of our service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
4. Harassment: Use of our service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
5. Fraudulent activity: Use of our service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes," "phishing schemes," "ponzi schemes," and "chain letters."
6. Forgery or impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
7. Unsolicited commercial email / Unsolicited bulk e-mail
(SPAM) Use of our service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or
unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this
type will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
8. Email / News Bombing:
Malicious intent to impede another person's use of electronic mail
services or news will result in the immediate termination of the
9. Email / Message Forging: Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through our service is in violation of this AUP.
10. Usenet SPAMing: We have a zero tolerance policy for the use of its network for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements, which violate the rules, regulations, FAQ or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list. Commercial messages that are appropriate under the rules of a newsgroup or mailing list or that are solicited by the recipients are permitted.
11. Unauthorized access: Use of our service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of ours or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending account is subject to immediate termination.
12. Copyright or trademark infringement: Use of the service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
13. Collection of personal data: Use of the service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
14. Network disruptions and unfriendly activity: Use of the service for any activity which affects the ability of other people or systems to use our Services or the Internet. This includes "denial of service" (DDOS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, services or equipment is prohibited. It is the Member's responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Subscriber may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Subscriber may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner. Unauthorized entry and/or use of another company and/or individual's computer system will result in immediate account termination. We will not tolerate any subscriber attempting to access the accounts of others, or penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.
15. Fraud: Involves a
knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity
made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it.
16. Infringement of Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Trade Secret, or Intellectual Property Right: Distribution and/or posting of copyrighted or the aforementioned infringements will not be tolerated.
17. Distribution of Viruses: Intentional distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Such an offense will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
18. Inappropriate Use of Software: Use of software or any device that would facilitate a continued connection, i.e. pinging, while using our services could result in suspension of service.
19. Third Party Accountability: Our subscribers will be held responsible and accountable for any activity by third parties, using their account that violates guidelines created within the Acceptable Use Policy.
20. IRC networks: It is
absolutely forbidden to host an IRC server that is part of or connected
to another IRC network or server. Servers found to be connecting to or
part of these networks in any way will be immediately removed from our
network without notice. The account and/or server will not be
reconnected to the network until such time that you agree to completely
remove any and all traces of the IRC account/server, and agree to let
us have access to your server to confirm that the content has been
completely removed. Any server guilty of a second violation will result
in immediate account termination.
24. Egg Drop - Egg Drop Scripts are Not allowed, These are grounds for immediate account deletion without a refund.
25. Legal - If it is not legal in Australia, it is not permitted to reside on our server. If found, the account will be suspended.
26. Adult Material - Adult Material is not allowed, unless specified in your package you have purchased. Sites that contain adult material that is not on an adult approved server/package, will be suspended.
27. Chinese Forums - Chinese Forums are not allowed on our network. These sites require to much CPU usage. They almost require a dedicated server to run properly. If they are found on any server we will suspend them, and charge an admin fee if they are the cause of a CPU overloaded.
28. ANIME - Anime Sites are not allowed on our network. If an Anime Site is found we will terminate the account. These sites are not allowed on the server because about 95% of them are illegal.
29. .EXE FILES - .exe files of any kind are not permitted on our servers via shared and reseller accounts. This restriction is due to the fact that these files often harm the server in various ways depending upon the file. If you need to upload a .EXE file please use WINZIP or and WINRAR to insert your .EXE file.
You are responsible for any misuse of your account, even if the inappropriate activity was committed by a friend, family member, guest or employee. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to your account. In addition, you may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server.
- Your password provides access to your account. It is your responsibility to keep your password secure.
- Sharing your password and account access with unauthorized users is prohibited. You should take care to prevent others from using your account since you will be held responsible for such use.
- Attempting to obtain another user's account password is strictly prohibited, and may result in termination of service.
- You must adopt adequate security measures to prevent or minimize unauthorized use of your account.
- You may not attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network or account. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account you are not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other networks. Use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security is prohibited. Examples of these tools include, but are not limited to, password guessing programs, cracking tools or network probing tools.
- You may not attempt to interfere with service to any user, host or network ("denial of service attacks"). This includes, but is not limited to, "flooding" of networks, deliberate attempts to overload a service, and attempts to "crash" a host.
- Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability. We will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations.
Our accounts operate on shared resources. Excessive use or abuse of
these shared network resources by one customer may have a negative
impact on all other customers. Misuse of network resources in a manner
which impairs network performance is prohibited by this policy and may
result in termination of your account.
You are prohibited from excessive consumption of resources, including CPU time, memory, disk space and session time. You may not use resource-intensive programs which negatively impact other customers or the performances of our systems or networks. We reserve the right to terminate or limit such activities.
As always, TropicsNet strives for 100% uptime
for all services. All network systems are monitored 24/7 by in-house
staff. We make no guarantee on network uptime. We are not responsible
for losses that may occur due to the downtime of our services.
REPORTING VIOLATIONS OF The AUP
We request that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP direct the information to us by email immediately.
If available, please provide the following information:
- The IP address used to commit the alleged violation
- The date and time of the alleged violation, including the time zone or offset from GMT
- Evidence of the alleged violation
E-mail with full header information provides all of the above, as do system log files. Other situations will require different methods of providing the above information. We may take any one or more of the following actions in response to complaints:
- Issue written or verbal warnings
- Suspend the Member's newsgroup posting privileges
- Suspend the Member's account
- Terminate the Member's account
- Bill the Member for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges
- Bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, cause by violations
REVISIONS TO THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We reserve the right to revise, amend, or modify this AUP, our TOS (Terms of Service) and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted in accordance with our TOS (Terms of Service).